Monday, June 13, 2011

Life is too short....

I always knew that I would get to an age when bad things would start happening to both my family and that of my friends.

And now...it would appear that I am at that age.

Last year Mother Hummingbird was diagnosed with cancer (she is doing ok and is loving her wig collection) and last week the Mum of one of my oldest friends was also diagnosed......totally rubbish.

It does make you realise that life is too short to worry about the crap that doesn't need worrying about and also too short not to do the things you really want to do.

So I have decided that one afternoon a week I am going to go off and do something I really want to do...whether it be...

Afternoon tea with the girls

A random tourist attraction....I have always loved the crown jewels

a dance class


....or just going out for an afternoon of gin in a fine London establishment..!!
I am going to have a purely selfish afternoon every week as I am sure there will be a point soon where this will be impossible and also...I have decided that life it waaay too short not to have the odd selfish moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment